Saturday 30 March 2013

Considering Grace


Thanks to the support of three generous backers, our most recent Kickstarter campaign has been a success! Combined with the generosity of two other contributors, David and I are able to move forward with the publishing process without issue. The ability to focus on the creation of the book is such a gift. The journey David and I have been on together is far from over, that's for sure. However, like riding a bike up a steep hill, it is time for me and him to raise our arms joyously and enjoy this second portion of the ride.



There is a palpable surrealism to considering One Way to Grace coming to life, taking its place on the shelf next to the work of other authors I have admired and respected. When I pursued this project, convinced David that a non-Christian short fiction and poetry writer was the appropriate choice for his memoir, I was driven by a deep surety that my words could bring David's incredible inspiring story to those who needed it the most. My goal is to stir people the way I have been stirred by literature, to allow my readers to experience the perceptions and truths of someone outside of themselves. Working with David has done that for me, and I know in my soul that his story and my words can do that for others.

So, once again, immense never-ending thanks to everyone who has helped David and me get to this point. It's an exciting time for One Way to Grace, and I for one am happy to share it with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment